Monday, December 18, 2006

7 MORE DAYS !!!!!!


Okay....all you little elves and munchkins and fairies....only 7 more days until Santa Claus arrives!!!! I know all of you must be busy..I sure will be this week! I'm going to try to finish my shopping today...I have to go to the post office...pay bills...and just your basic running around...This is the week before Christmas. The week that I have a baking "frenzy" going on in the kitchen...I have bowls...measuring cups and spoons...rolling pins...towels...pans...racks...timer...cookbooks...chocolate (of various types and colors)...spices, ...flour...sugars...all kinds of extracts...nuts...jars of marshmallow cream...cans of evaporated milk...peanut butter..oatmeal...raisins....sprinkles (jars of them)..butter...(lots of butter)...scattered all over the kitchen counters.....just waiting for me to start in...I also have some cinnamon roll cookie dough that I rolled up last night and placed in the fridge...I'll cut that into slices when I get home and pop those in the oven...I am in BAKER's HEAVEN!!!!!
The little snow scene above is something I put together from stacks of old Christmas cards..cut out shapes...and then added glitter....(just messing around)...
Okay..everyone, don't forget to BREATHE....pace yourself....take little breaks...focus..and start your week! AND...the most important!!!! HAVE FUN! and keep lots of Christmas LOVE in your hearts!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!! Only 7 days! Are you sure?? I better get busy....

(Let's see what blogger does this time!)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!! Only 7 days! Are you sure?? I better get busy....

(Let's see what blogger does this time!)

Nope....gotta be anonymous! Janet from Just Bee-cause

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 DAYS!!!!!!
Almost there Vicci!

Shall I sing you another song?

Okay...you twisted my arm.

Dashing through the snow
In a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bob tails ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh

A day or two ago
I thought I'd take a ride
And soon Miss Fanny Bright
Was seated by my side
The horse was lean and lank
Misfortune seemed his lot
We got into a drifted bank
And then we got upsot

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect little Christmas cottage! Love it, Vicci!

And I REALLY love what is going on in your kitchen this week. Just reading about all the ingredients waiting to be measured and mixed, folded and stirred and sprinkled, rolled out, balled up, cut into bars...sigh...

I'm living through you vicariously, girlfriend. Please think of me over here calling in my umpteenth prescription of the day, and sprinkle some confectioner's sugar somewhere for me!

Loved your wise words, too. The spirit of Christmas can be EVERYWHERE...as long as it's in our hearts!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between you and your baking and Sombra and his carolling, I think you guys have Christmas well in hand... hohoho !
Blue and I finished shopping today, and even managed to fit in a nice lunch as well.
Take heart Alix, Santa knows you are working hard...
;-)
SEVEN more sleeps..!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Izabella Blue said...

your Christmas spirit is contagious~ xo ~Bella

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, I have had such a hard time accessing your blog :(
however, it seems to be ok now!
one thing you did forget was a glass or 7 of red wine - that is what I am feeling like I need right now.

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, there's been the scent of baking in the air....could it be wafting down from your house perhaps? I know it's not coming from inside mine this year. It will be like the old cartoons...the finger of scent beckonging me to Placerville where I will find a happy baker, humming and measuring along. :)
XOXO

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License